Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Student Needs

Hello All!

So many of you have asked about things I and my students can use. While I'll email you about things I'd like, I'll post here things that my students definitely could use. A word of warning, a friend of mine says that a package from Pennsylvania costs about $9-15 without insurance through USPS to ship, so please don't spend any more than that. Also, if you are sending books, it's actually better that they are used. I've found that people are less likely to use things if they are new, because they want to keep them new... so if you send something that's a little beat up, it's just fine. And thank you again for everything.

Much love,
jen


My address:

Jennifer Keene

L'Ecole des Sciences de Musanze
B.P. 92
Ruhengeri
RWANDA

Needs:

Pen-pals

English kids books, particularly lower level chapter books or teen literature

French-English dictionaries (used)

English dictionaries and English Thesauri (used)

English Bibles (used)

Easy puzzle books (with word finds, easy English crossword puzzles, soduku, or travel games… those that you can get at the dollar store – partially used is fine!)

Newspapers (any)

Magazines (any)

Markers (any brand)

Decks of cards or old board games

Frisbees (used is fine!)


No comments: