Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Apologies and Catch Up...

Hello All!

About time, eh?! I know, I know... it's been waaay too long since I updated my blog. I never intended to stay away this long.

To catch you up with the last few weeks, I'll summarize and spare you the gory details! I:

*battled food poisoning
*survived the flu with a fever of 102 (after an eventful trip to the doctor, which consisted of him sticking a thermometer under my arm-literally, that’s the full extent of my medical evaluation)
*made it through two weeks of intense exams and close to 800 exams to grade (FWEW! :) )
*left on vacation to Kigali (thank goodness!!)
*visited Uganda (including Jinja, the site of the source of the River Nile, on which we took a boat ride on Easter!)
*traveled to Kibuye, Rwanda on Lake Kivu (into which we dove, and perhaps now have schistosomaisis... I'll look out for a rash soon...)

and started Term 2 back at school.

In being so remiss with my posting, I'm adding two other postings today, plus a list of things I could use for my students. Thank you so much for your patience and support again, and happy late Easter!!!

Love,
jen

No comments: